If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2vGJ2zi
Chef’d is new, disruptive ecommerce meal solutions marketplace that partners with celebrated chefs, media outlets and top food influencers to offer thousands of meal “solutions” that make it easy for anyone to cook their choice of meals at home.
Chef’d is the only company offering choice, re-order, no subscription and (in the future) user customization.
Chef’d helps customers rethink the home-cooked meal by offering fresh, pre-portioned ingredients that are highly cost-effective and also eliminate food waste – all without the hassle of subscription or membership fees. Customers can customize their orders any way they want and reorder their favorites any time.
- Work closely with Product Management, Data Analytics/Science and other business stakeholders to marry all functions with product roadmap and business strategy and goals.
- Integrate products and services with partner platforms (NYT, Coke, Campbell, grocers, etc.); build and manage relationships with 3rd party development partners.
- Evaluate end-to-end networking, security, supply chain and logistics risks in ecommerce technology and identify opportunities to reduce exposure. Establish all technical and security standards for Chef’d’s platform and ensure that customer data is protected; data security is mission-critical.
- Maintain a high bar for code quality through code reviews and help team think through edge cases.
- Partner with recruiting to lead and assist recruitment of highly motivated technology talent.
- Form strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners; the buck stops with the CTO when it comes to serving as the point of contact for technology related concerns
- Coach and mentor teams of engineers, IT professionals, and engineering operations, backend systems talent, providing guidance via regular one-on-one sessions.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with proven ability to fulfill all CTO job requirements, including tech leadership (step-up candidates ready for this will be given serious consideration).
- Have worked in similar high-growth startup environments.
Proven ability to build out and lead a young, inexperienced but talented engineering team.
- Experience with ecommerce platform and language integration and implementation. Sample technologies used include: AWS/Google Cloud, Netsuite, Python, PHP, Ozlink, SoloChain, NodeJS, Shopify, etc.
- Understanding of fundamental business and technology trends to help shape product roadmaps as well as areas for investment and acquisition.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to business people and translate business goals into technical roadmaps.
- Ability to architect, build and manage high availability, reliable and secure ecommerce systems. Ideally have managed in-house, outsource/off/on-shore development teams.
- Nice-to-haves include background with a major brand ecommerce player; IT/Tech ops experience or exposure; mobile app development; experience building APIs and micro services; streaming data solutions and big data experience.