JJA is seeking a Seasoned Launch CEO for funded Consumer Subscription business founded by HGTV's Property Bros. http://bit.ly/2k6asYM
“Scott Brothers Venture” is a consumer tech startup that will enable subscriber-members to tap into The Scott Brothers’ highly sought-after expertise via a subscription membership based, digital home design and maintenance platform that provides everyone an affordable path toward realizing their dream home.
The Scott Brothers have invaluable brand equity that has been built over the years. This will provide the company with true leverage to drive consumer awareness to a new, innovative approach to consumer home design and products. This consumer subscription model’s aim is to simplify the interior design process while making it more accessible and affordable. On the business side, the compelling approach will blend subscription, ad/media, promotional and affiliate fees resulting in multiple revenue streams.
The initial goal is to launch in the best 6-8 cities in which the product, based on criteria such as home ownership, demographics, home buying trends by millennials and a concentration of interior designers, will resonate with the consumer market and the company can take advantage of strong design talent. Target cities under initial consideration include Portland, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Minneapolis, and Oklahoma City.
- Experienced founders to guide business partnerships, product direction, and marketing channels
- Access to an expansive network of followers and fans of The Scott Brothers’ brand. Their shows air in 140+ countries; >18MM viewers watch monthly. Beyond TV, they have a home products business in several top big-box retailers.
- Direct connection to major manufacturers and home improvement brands through the founders’ network not offered by competitors – these are difficult for even professional designers to access.
- High Growth Market – Global online home décor market growing at 19% CAGR through 2020 (GlobeNewswire).
- Product Innovation – Toolkit tailored to members’ homes providing design industry trends /insights, Custom design offerings, access to vendors and distributors with a discounted rate for full product line purchases.
- Seed Capital + Promotional Capital combine to enable the company to focus on product, brand, customer experience and market penetration.
This is a funded, highly unique start-up, with unmatched assets including brand capital and industry partners. The Brothers are seeking a partner that can further develop the launch plan and assemble the team to execute across a market that’s ripe for their service.
The ideal candidate will have been through similar rapid growth (ideally Series A/B to exit) and been a key contributor in building the infrastructure, honing the product, and driving revenues in a high demand consumer market.
- Successful CEO/GM in a consumer internet startup that achieved some level of growth/scale
- Experience as part of leadership teams at top Consumer web/mobile Brands
- Experience with subscription and/or hybrid (subscription + eCommerce, lead-gen, brand sponsorship/integration) business models
- Strength in digital (multi-channel) consumer acquisition, conversion and retention with accompanying data-driven analytical approach
- Bankable and ideally raised funding from institutional or strategic investors